Psykitties

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Psykitties

A forum designed for the strange of us to discuss our mental health, struggles, challenges, and questions that we have about them and other aspects of our lives.

Quick How-To Guide!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Quick How-To Guide! Empty Quick How-To Guide!

Post by Admin Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:01 pm

This is just a brief explanation of how to use these forums, if you never used any before, as well as things that are specific to this one and it's formatting.

Navigation

Home: The far-left blinking dot below the title at the bottom of the top banner!

Calendar: The 2nd blinking dot from the left!

Forum Help Center: The 3rd blinking dot from the left.

Forum Search: The 4th blinking dot from the left.

Memberlist: The 5th blinking dot from the left.

Usergroups: The 6th blinking dot from the left.

⭐Edit Profile: The 7th blinking dot from the left!Like a Star @ heaven

Private Messages (PMs): 8th blinking dot from the left.

Logout: 9th blinking dot from the left!

New thread: When you enter a forum or sub-forum, to the far right, both above & below the thread list, you will see this button! Quick How-To Guide! I_post

Reply to a thread: When you're on a thread, you can either quick reply by typing one in at the bottom of the screen in the text box that says "Quick Reply" in red on the left, or you can click the Quick How-To Guide! I_reply button that is located both above & below the original post.

Delete a thread: Click the Quick How-To Guide! I_icon_delete button at the bottom of your posting.

Edit a thread: Click the Quick How-To Guide! I_icon_edit button at the bottom of your posting.

Quote a thread: Click the Quick How-To Guide! I_icon_quote button at the bottom of your posting.

Preview a post: There's a tiny button below the text box that says "Preview".

Post: There's a tiny button next to Preview that says "Post"!

Forum Use

As far as how to use the forum, that's pretty open to interpretation. You may use this forum however you'd like to discuss whatever you'd like, as long as it falls within the range of what is legal, and nobody is bullying, threatening, or harassing anyone else, and the Rules are followed. You may get as in depth about your mental health as you feel comfortable. You can talk about everything that's happened in your life, and all the details of your mental disorder(s), or you don't even have to tell us what your disorder is, and just talk about other things. It's entirely on the basis of what you feel comfortable with. All we ask is that you respect the other forum members. If you're upsetting someone, please be courteous and respectful of their complaint, and resolve the issue. If someone is upsetting you, please do your best not to get upset, and contact me or one of the mods if you are not able to resolve the issue with that person. This is meant to be a peaceful and safe environment for people to talk about what's bothering them, or what interests them without having to worry too much about what others might say to them. 
    Play nice, kitties. cat

This forum is not meant to replace professional psychological/psychiatric help and therapy! This is just a place for anyone to talk about their mental disorders at their discretion. I, nor any of the moderators or forum members will be able to offer you personalized, professional help! Although we try to keep information on here as factual as possible, please do not take someone's word on here as replacement for professional help! There are things that doctors can offer you that we can't! 

Also note, I do not condone or encourage users to share their personal information on the forum. Any information you share should be at your own discretion, and not encouraged by any other forum member! This includes personal details about your physical location, appearance, etc. This means, I also do not condone or encourage the sharing of photos (this might be more applicable to the self-harm and ED section). I may ban pictures in the future if it ever becomes an issue.

Otherwise, please enjoy your time here, ask questions, get answers, share your experiences, talk, joke, share your interests, share something random, and have fun!

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:54 pm